Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Reader comments from Amazon.com

Hard to believe this is Jebb's debut novel, March 31, 2006
Reviewer: Brian C - See all my reviews

The way Jebb transitions from gang battle-ground to bluewater escapades hints at his personal experiences. His writing combines just the right balance of character introspection with engaging events to keep the pages turning. The antagonist, "Blue", offers a behind the scenes look at the internal and external struggles in the complex life of a battle hardened cop. Just when I found myself completely engrossed with Blue's next event the story switches gears. So far it is a great read!

Reviewer: T. Chesser "TC" (New York City, United States) - See all my reviews


A friend told me about this book and I thought "oh great, just another retrospective cop story." I saw the book lying around and got intrigued by the back cover write-up. I have to say, it's really a real page-turner!

If I was a book critic, I'd say "Raw and refreshing. Entertaining and insightful. Inspiring! You just may learn a thing or two--Go grab a copy NOW!"

Don't miss this one, March 9, 2006
Reviewer: Donnita E. Hall (Carlsbad, CA United States) - See all my reviews


Not just another cop story. Although it starts out with life on the force, and this part is good, the bulk of the book follows a much different story line. The wide eyed and open dialog as the lead character travels across the world will keep you glued to the book. A kind of "Siddartha with a badge" story that will leave you wanting more from David Jebb. Well done.
Brad

Breakout first novel, March 3, 2006
Reviewer: ME "Crystal" (San Diego, CA) - See all my reviews

I highly enjoyed reading this action-packed novel. I've always wondered what would happen if I just quit my job and traveled the world, so it's really neat to see my daydream played out in a fictional story. Also, being from San Diego, it hit close to home with the references to places around town. San Diego may be a tourist's dream, but it definitely has it's dark spots just like any city. I encourage other readers to pick up this one.

I was also surprised to find out that David Jebb is a first time author because the story flowed so well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home